Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Doors to a New Day...

The subject in this painting was also kinda ad-hoc. I had just finished The Kiss, and had brought a odd-sized canvas to my painting class. Again, I had NO IDEA what to paint, and my odd-sized canvas did NOT help. A classmate had 'left' one of her new canvas and since she did not attend class that day, I HIJACKED her canvas. Hahahhahaha
Even then, I still didn't know what to paint. As I had my GREEK ISLANDS calendar (the source of Santorini is from here), my classmates chose this for me....

I know the title sounds abit weird/lame... but how to word it? I know the morning sun is shining on those doors....

Doors to a New Day
OIL on CANVAS
Size = 70 cm x 90 cm

This painting was completed in quite a short time... all in all perhaps about 5 hours. My art teacher says my style is more impression/expression....as I am not really a detail detail person. Plus he says I am more at ease with this style... And I agree.

6 comments:

  1. Wah! you quite talented, ah! Can make a living just baking and painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know you're an artist. Great talent. Love the paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so you selling your paintings? Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SAHM - I'm gonna participate in my first exhibition in about a month's time... that is if all goes well.

    Charmaine - Thanks!!

    Greedypig - Thanks. Will try to sell some at next month's exhibition...if all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mm hai kua! u did all these?? its great!!!

    ReplyDelete