Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Kiss

When I came back to 'reality' after our family vacation in Europe, I was at a loss as to what to paint. My mind was as blank as the canvas before me. As before, my classmate came to the rescue. She is into the habit of cutting out newspaper clippings whenever she sees something that could be a potential art subject (She was the one that gave me the newspaper clipping on the Balinese Dancers).

On that day, she had just cut out this snapshot from a modern ROMEO & JULIET play that was in town. I was rather hesitant but as I absolutely had NO IDEA what to do with my blank canvas, I thought I'll give it a go. I decided to do chop-off their bodies and do it in just BLACK and WHITE (and of course GREYs)...and in a Pop Arty kind of way. It turned out pretty good. Yah?

The Kiss
OIL on CANVAS
Size = 40 cm x 40 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment